Wednesday 27 February 2013

My hits of the Oscars 2013

I love The Oscars. After the Met Ball, it's the best time of year to gaze jealously and critique harshly at celebrities and what they're wearing. I would hate to be famous, but sometimes I do wish I had an occasion to wear a completely over-the-top, fussy ballgown by the likes of Elie Saab or Marchesa.

These are my favourite looks of Sunday night, including the red carpet and the after-parties:

I am a sucker for anything sparkly and princess-y. This is a gorgeous, romantic, etheral dress and something I would truly love to wear. Like I said before, I am a fan of Elie Saab and I think dressing people for the Oscars is definitely his forte. I mean, who can forget Halle Berry's iconic Oscar dress the year she won for Monsters Ball?

Many people have commented of Samantha Barks' dress saying it was too revealing and not Oscar-appropriate, but I think with her slim, petite frame she keeps this Valentino on the right side of being too risque, and I think the overall effect is simply but stunning.. I hate to say it as someone who lives on the curvy side of life, but if anyone with anything larger in the chest department attempted to wear this it would steer into Slutsville. Which, whilst a lovely place that I enjoy visiting, it's not where you want to be on Oscar night.



Usually during any red carpet event there are so many nude or pale pink dresses and whilst this time it seemed there were plenty of white (bridal) dresses, I was pleased to see some bright colours, like Elizabeth Banks above, and Isla Fisher below. Both Isla Fisher and Reese Witherspoon wore bright cobalt blue, although Reese beat Isla to the punch on the red carpet. However, I have a soft spot for Isla as a fellow natural red-head and think after green, this blue is one of the most flattering colours she has worn. I wish she hadn't ironed her hair so straight as I think it's such a severe look and I'm a fan of curls but I guess we can't have everything.



Finally, this was another of my favourite looks. I don't really have anything else to say about it, I just really, really like the dress. Although a brightly coloured detail like some earrings or a clutch couldn't have hurt.



I am going to write another post up this week with the (much more fun) list of my least favourite outfits of the night- Anne Hathaway I'm looking at you...

1 comment:

  1. Cute post :) Fan Bing Bing is adorable

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete